Reserved for those 21–40 years of age.
Avant-Garde is a membership group for young professionals, collectors, and art supporters interested in exploring LACMA and L.A.’s dynamic art world. Members enjoy access to behind-the-scenes and after-hours programs at LACMA and around the L.A. art community. Exclusive events throughout the year include curator-led tours, studio and collection visits, introductions to special projects at LACMA, curator-led outings to art venues throughout the city, social events at the museum, and more.
An education as well as a social group, Avant-Garde offers incomparable insights into collecting and connoisseurship and social gatherings with like-minded peers.
- Invitations to six to eight exclusive Avant-Garde events per year
- Access to LACMA Travel programs, including art fair credentials for select fairs
- Two LACMA passes to share with family and friends. Enjoy a day of free admission to all museum galleries with these passes, including select specially ticketed exhibitions—as well as the ability to bypass lines
- Four general admission passes to share with family and friends
- One complimentary exhibition catalogue per year, selected by LACMA
- Annual recognition of your generous support in Insider, LACMA’s magazine for donors
Additional Member Benefits
- One year of free admission for two to LACMA’s permanent collection and all specially ticketed exhibitions, as well as reciprocal admission privileges at 24 museums nationwide
- Member Previews of select exhibitions
- Invitations for two to LACMA’s popular Art 101 classes
- Opportunity to join LACMA’s Acquisitions Groups and Art Councils, which provide unique experiences related to specific curatorial departments (dues support art acquisitions and programming)
- Subscription to Patron News biweekly e-newsletter
- Calendar of events mailed monthly
- Subscription to Insider, LACMA’s magazine for donors
- Discounts on more than 300 films, concerts, lectures, and classes at LACMA
- 10% discount at the LACMA Store (20% off on Member Shopping Days)
- 10% discount on dinner at Ray's after 6 pm (excludes alcohol, tax, and gratuity)
- Opportunity to join Film Club
- Opportunity to purchase an annual parking pass ($70)
Contact us to set up monthly or quarterly payments, automatic renewal, or for help with matching gifts through your employer.
Auto renewal: Your credit card* will be charged annually, quarterly, or monthly to renew your membership for another year. We’ll send an email reminder prior to the renewal, at which time you can opt not to renew your membership.
* Credit card expiration must be valid at the time of your membership renewal.
Over 40? Become a Partner, or upgrade to Curator's Circle for invitations to all major exhibition opening receptions and the Summer Evening family barbeque at LACMA, recognition on the Annual Donor Wall at the museum, and more.