Download our free app through iTunes and Android Market and use it to explore the galleries, see highlights from the collection, and find out about upcoming events. Discover current exhibitions, as well as this week's film screenings, concerts, tours, lectures and more. An internet connection is required to view the content. On campus, visitors are welcome to use our free wireless network, lacma-free-wifi, throughout the galleries.
- An interactive map showing the location of exhibitions and events on campus
- Descriptions of exhibitions and installations currrently on view
- Up-to-the-minute information about what’s happening today, tomorrow and this weekend
- Exclusive in-gallery content about highlights from the museum’s collection
- Interviews with curators and other experts
LACMA members can use the free Mobile Member Card app to take advantage of their benefits, including free admission, access to Member Previews, discounts at the museum, and much more. The Mobile Member Card is available through iTunes or Google Play—just search “LACMA Member.”
After you install and launch the app, you’ll be prompted to enter your member ID number. You can find it in your welcome email or on your plastic member card, if you have an old one. You can also call Member Services at 323 857-6151 (Mondays–Fridays, 9 am–5 pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find your member ID. After you enter your member ID, select where you’d like us to send your verification code: email or mobile phone. After you get your verification code, relaunch the app and enter your verification code. The details of your membership should now be visible in the app.
Just show the mobile card at any Ticket Office when you visit the museum for free admission and to take advantage of other member benefits. Our staff will scan the barcode. and you’ll be on your way! Need help? Find out more.
- Exclusive interviews with directors Chris Nolan and David Slade, Kubrick collaborator Douglas Trumbull, and artist Stan Douglas about the life and legacy of Stanley Kubrick
- Production documents including scripts with handwritten notes by the director
- Set photography and still photos of Kubrick at work
- An interactive timeline of Kubrick's filmmaking career
- A rare recorded 1965 interview with Kubrick by Jeremy Bernstein
In conjunction with the exhibition In Wonderland: The Surrealist Adventures of Women Artists in Mexico and the United States, featured at LACMA January 29, 2012–May 6, 2012, artist Jody Zellen created this app for iPad and iPhone. Inspired by the "exquisite corpse" parlor game popular amongst early 20th century surrealist artists, the app allows users to create collages using images from the museum and the camera roll.
Downloading the app requires a wifi connection. A free wifi network is available on the LACMA campus.
In conjunction with the exhibition California Design, 1930-1965: "Living in Modern Way" at LACMA October 1, 2011–June 3, 2012, this free app includes:
- Exclusive video interviews with California designers, including Harrison McIntosh, Lou Danziger, John Kapel and Deborah Sussman
- Superb high-resolution images of more than 100 highlights, including furniture, graphic design, ceramics, and fashion
- An interactive map featuring notable locations in the history of California midcentury design
- A behind-the-scenes description of the making of the exhibition