Whether you’re at the museum or planning your next visit, the LACMA app makes it easy to find what you’re looking for. The LACMA app provides an entirely redesigned interface and access to more than 85,000 works of art spanning more than two millennia. The searchable calendar and mobile-optimized map makes it easier than ever to find events, great works of art, and other amenities on campus.
The LACMA app was designed with the visitor in mind. Here are some of the exciting new features:
- Browse: Access the whole collection to find new works of art and learn more about the ones you already love.
- Plan: Stay up to date on current exhibitions, upcoming events, and special programs to make the most of your museum visit.
- Search: Search the full collection, current exhibitions, and the calendar. Refine your results with a variety of filters.
- Discover: During your museum visit, the app adapts to provide contextually relevant and exciting information about what’s around you.
- Explore: Self-guided tours provide behind-the-scenes perspectives on the museum’s collections and exhibitions, with audio and video commentary from artists, curators, and other experts.
LACMA members can use the free Mobile Member Card app to take advantage of their benefits, including free admission, access to Member Previews, discounts at the museum, and much more. The Mobile Member Card is available through iTunes or Google Play—just search “LACMA Member.”
After you install and launch the app, you’ll be prompted to enter your member ID number. You can find it in your welcome email or on your plastic member card, if you have an old one. You can also call Member Services at 323 857-6151 (Mondays–Fridays, 9 am–5 pm) or email email@example.com to find your member ID. After you enter your member ID, select where you’d like us to send your verification code: email or mobile phone. After you get your verification code, relaunch the app and enter your verification code. The details of your membership should now be visible in the app.
Just show the mobile card at any Ticket Office when you visit the museum for free admission and to take advantage of other member benefits. Our staff will scan the barcode. and you’ll be on your way! Need help? Find out more.
- Exclusive interviews with directors Chris Nolan and David Slade, Kubrick collaborator Douglas Trumbull, and artist Stan Douglas about the life and legacy of Stanley Kubrick
- Production documents including scripts with handwritten notes by the director
- Set photography and still photos of Kubrick at work
- An interactive timeline of Kubrick's filmmaking career
- A rare recorded 1965 interview with Kubrick by Jeremy Bernstein
In conjunction with the exhibition In Wonderland: The Surrealist Adventures of Women Artists in Mexico and the United States, featured at LACMA January 29, 2012–May 6, 2012, artist Jody Zellen created this app for iPad and iPhone. Inspired by the "exquisite corpse" parlor game popular amongst early 20th century surrealist artists, the app allows users to create collages using images from the museum and the camera roll.
Downloading the app requires a wifi connection. A free wifi network is available on the LACMA campus.
In conjunction with the exhibition California Design, 1930-1965: "Living in Modern Way" at LACMA October 1, 2011–June 3, 2012, this free app includes:
- Exclusive video interviews with California designers, including Harrison McIntosh, Lou Danziger, John Kapel and Deborah Sussman
- Superb high-resolution images of more than 100 highlights, including furniture, graphic design, ceramics, and fashion
- An interactive map featuring notable locations in the history of California midcentury design
- A behind-the-scenes description of the making of the exhibition