About the Hereafter Institute
Gabriel Barcia-Colombo's Hereafter Institute offers participants the chance to plan their digital afterlife and learn about the artist's technological solutions for the preservation of the digital soul. The project is the culmination of Barcia-Colombo's work as a 2015 Art + Technology Lab grant recipient.
This is a 25-minute, timed-entry experience with tickets available from 10 am-1:30 pm and 3 pm-4:30 pm on Saturday, August 27 and Sunday, August 28. Timed appointments are scheduled in advance for one person at a time. Reservations must be made online, pending availability.
The Hereafter Institute uses data provided by participants to help them visualize their digital afterlife. This data will only be used to compose the experience and will not be shared with any third parties. All data will be deleted after participants complete their experience.
- Once a participant signs up for an appointment, they will be required to complete the following steps:
- Have a Facebook account
- Follow the artist’s instructions to add and test the Hereafter Institute app on Facebook
- Confirm participation: the Hereafter Institute will contact guests by email to confirm their participation, answer technical questions, and finalize the details of their visit
- Sign waiver and release of liability before participating: the waiver and release of liability is available here and on-site
- Failure to check in at the Hereafter Institute in the Art + Technology Lab ten minutes prior to the appointment may result in cancellation
- We recommend arriving at LACMA at least 30 minutes prior to your appointment time
- Participants must be 18 or over and have a valid photo ID
- For any questions or additional requests, please contact email@example.com
Image: © Gabriel Barcia-Colombo