Spend an exciting week with paint, clay, found objects, and more! Campers have adventurous experiences looking at, talking about, and making art with a team of fun and creative museum educators and artists.
These week-long workshops introduce techniques that teach campers to express themselves through drawing, painting, and mixed media. Each day includes fun gallery activities and the viewing of original works of art, a one-hour lunch break, and creative studio projects.
Children Ages 6 to 9
- Cartoons, Rectangles, and Representation
Monday-Friday, December 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 10 am–3 pm
With artist Caitlin Lainoff
- Art and The Five Senses
Monday-Friday, December 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 10 am–3 pm
With artist Peggy Hasegawa
Children Ages 10 to 13
Enrollment Procedures for Winter Art Camp
- Online enrollment for Winter Art Camp 2016 begins on July 23.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Space is limited; camp does sell out.
- Art Camp is designed for children ages 6 and older; children ages 5 and under will not be admitted. Proof of age will be required.
- Registration is only available online.
- Payment is required upon registration.
- Before art camp begins, you will receive an email confirmation letter plus a link to a consent form. Carefully read through the consent form. Please submit a separate Consent Form for each participant.
Tuition for Winter Art Camp 2016
- NexGen members: $330 per week
- General public: $355 per week
- Art Camp is from 10 am to 3 pm. LACMA does not offer extended care.
- Campers must pack a lunch and snack every day to eat during supervised breaks.
- Art materials and parking validation included in tuition.
- Please call the Art Camp Coordinator at 323 857-6139 for more information.
A refund equal to half of tuition paid will be granted for cancellations made two weeks before camp start date. No refunds will be made for cancellations made less than two weeks prior to camp start date. Please notify us immediately of any cancellations so that a child on our waiting list can attend camp. Full refunds will only be granted if the program is cancelled.