LACMA to temporarily close to the public effective March 14
Following recommendations from Los Angeles County officials, LACMA and the Natural History Museum, La Brea Tar Pits Museum and the William S. Hart Museum have decided to close their main campuses to the public beginning tomorrow, Saturday, March 14, until further notice. The decision to close the two neighboring campuses is in support of public health officials in their efforts to slow the spread of COVID-19.
The decision to close LACMA’s campus to the public impacts the following:
- LACMA’s main Wilshire campus as well as the museum’s gallery at Charles WhiteElementary School in MacArthur Park
- All public programs and events; there are plans in place to reschedule as many public programs as possible. New dates to be announced at a later time
- For any current ticket holders, LACMA will be offering refunds or credit for a future date upon reopening
- The museum will support its employees during this time
- LACMA is currently exploring ways for visitors to experience LACMA’s collection and exhibitions digitally